Skip to main contentCounty Home|ADA|Roads|News Releases|Organizational Chart|Index of Services|Volunteer Boards|About El Paso County|Contact Us
Header Banner
Human Services

Colorado child care assistance program

Welcome to the Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP) information page of the El Paso County Department of Human Services. CCCAP is a program designed to provide child care subsidies to low income families for child care during employment, job search or school/college.  Assistance in finding quality child care is also available by calling 877-338-2273.  A short overview of the eligibility guidelines can be found on this page. If you have any questions or would like more information please contact us at (719)444-8178 or Fax (719)444-8108.
If you have an active TANF case, please speak directly with your TANF technician about CCCAP. 

Applicants for low income CCCAP must be under the income guidelines and in an eligible activity to receive child care assistance.


Number of Persons in Family

Maximum Gross Monthly Income


$ 2,203


$ 2,772


$ 3,341


$ 3,910


$ 4,480


$ 5,050


$ 5,622


$ 6,194

To Calculate income: Example
Weekly Gross  X  4.33 = Total Monthly Gross
NOTE: Household income includes all income earned and unearned gross income.


  • Employment
  • 13 weeks of job search once every 12 months
  • High school or GED study
  • 24 months (104 weeks) of post secondary education up to first bachelor's degree

NOTE: In a two adult household both adult caretakers must be in an eligible activity.

Applications and documents may be submitted at the El Paso County Department of Human Services, 1675 W. Garden of the Gods, 3rd Floor, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 AM and 4 PM.

To be eligible for Low Income CCCAP, you must be in one of three eligible activities: employment, job search, school/college.  In addition, the total family gross income must be under the maximum income guidelines for the family size.

Are the children that will use child care under the age of 13? If so, the children needing child care are within the age guidelines for child care subsidies.  Children who are 13 or over but under the age of 19 and meet the “special needs” criteria and have written verification from a physician or other appropriate professional, may be eligible.

Is the Child Care Assistance for Job Search?  13 weeks in a 12-month period is available (if all 13 weeks in the prior 12 months have not been used). Any week in which at least one day is authorized for job search child care is considered one week used towards the time limit. 

Is the Child Care Assistance for GED, high school diploma, or post-secondary education?  You may receive up to 24 months of child care benefits while in an accredited college (Bachelor’s degree or less) or accredited job skills training program.  You may also receive up to 12 months of child care benefits while in an adult GED, high school diploma, English as a Second Language or other basic skills program.

Are you a teen parent?  A teen parent is someone under 19 years of age, or under 21 years of age if attending high school, GED program or junior/middle school.  Teen parents must be in an eligible activity and under the income guidelines.  Teen parent eligibility does not include their parent’s income even if they are still living at home.

All recipients of CCCAP must comply with child support enforcement for all children in the home with an absent parent (one that is not in the home), regardless of the child’s need for child care.

If approved, how would I access my benefits?  The CCCAP program utilizes a point of service (POS) device at individual child care providers.  Recipients of CCCAP are required to use the CCCAP card to check their child in and out of care each day child care is authorized and used.  If the CCCAP card is not used properly, CCCAP recipients could incur private pay charges from the child care provider.

How long does the application process take?   Processing time is 15-30 calendar days after the application is received at the county office.  Applications must be approved or denied on the 15th day.  Unfortunately, many applications are denied due to being incomplete. A verification checklist is included in the application package to assist applicants in the process.